|Augusta Minor Softball|
Augusta Minor Softball Rules and Regulations
Disciplinary Penalties and Procedures
Learn to Play
Protests and Appeals
• A regulation game shall be 5 innings or 1 hour and 30mins whichever comes first. No new inning started after 7:45pm. Any inning started must be completed regardless of time limit unless the team up to bat last is winning in the final inning.
In case of darkness or rain, 3 innings or a 10 run lead will constitute a complete game
• An inning will consist of 3 outs or 5 runs whichever comes first (Modified June 2008)
• No lead off until the ball crosses home plate
No stealing of bases
• **NEW Rule in 2016** NO WALKS
There are no walks. After a 4th ball, the batter will have a count against him/her. It will either be 4 balls (0 strikes 4-0), 4-1, or 4-2.
The hitter's coach or designate for the offensive team will now come in to pitch to his /her own batter and carry out the count. The batter will either bat the ball in play or strike out. Foul balls when the coach is pitching are treated as in regular softball (ie. if a batter fouls off a 4-2 pitch, he or she is not out)
• Third strike is an automatic out
• A pitcher can only pitch 3 innings per game. No pitcher is allowed to pitch more than two consecutive innings . One pitch thrown in an inning counts as an inning pitched
• A caught foul ball is an out as voted in 2014
• "Infield Fly Rule" is not in effect
• 8' circle rule is not in effect
• A run can only be scored by a ball put into play by the batter (i.e. a caught foul ball or a fair hit ball)
• When a ball is hit to the outfield it remains in play until it comes under control of an infielder standing in the infield. Once the ball is in the hand of an infielder, the runners are not to advance extra bases, (beyond the single base they are heading too)- a runner cannot advance to next base on an overthrow in the infield to a any base, ie. shortstop throws to 1st base and the 1st base fielder misses the ball and goes past the 1st base fielder the runner cannot advance to next base
• Diamond Bases - 45'
Ball - 11" -balls can be white or optic, COR <=47, compression <=375.
Pitcher - 30'
• Age 9 and under as of Jan 1
• Both Coaches must email Scores to email@example.com they must be submitted within 48 hours of the game date by both teams. Rainouts must be communicated within 48 hours of the game date also. Failure to do this& results in 0-¬0 score final and both teams get zero pts.
Scores are sent in firstname.lastname@example.org with Game#, Division, score both teams (Changed in 2015)
• Year end and Mid Season to be a tournament style
• Both teams are responsible for keeping completed score sheets on hand until the end of the season
• New Rule for 2016 - Hit by Pitch rule -if you hit three batters who have been given first base by the umpire you are to be removed from pitching that inning.