|Augusta Minor Softball|
Augusta Minor Softball Rules and Regulations
Disciplinary Penalties and Procedures
Learn to Play
Protests and Appeals
• A regulation game shall be 7 innings or 1-¾ hours whichever comes first. (note below) Any inning started must be completed regardless of time limit unless the team up to bat last is winning in the final inning.
NOTE : No new innings are to start after 8pm.
• In case of darkness or rain, 3 innings or a 10 run lead will constitute a complete game
• An inning will consist of 3 outs or 5 runs whichever comes first (Modified June 2008)
• A pitcher can only pitch 3 innings per game. No pitcher is allowed to pitch more than two consecutive innings. One pitch thrown in an inning counts as an inning pitched. In the case of tournament or playoff play this rule does not apply to extra innings
• No lead off until the ball crosses home plate, stealing is allowed only after the ball crosses home plate
• "Infield Fly Rule" is in effect
• 3rd strike is an automatic out
• 8' circle rule is in effect
• Diamond Bases - 55'
Ball - 11" - balls can be white or optic, COR <=47, compression <=375.
Pitcher - 35'
• Age 11 and under as of Jan 1
• Both Coaches must email Scores to email@example.com they must be submitted within 48 hours of the game date by both teams. Rainouts must be communicated within 48 hours of the game date also. Failure to do this& results in 0-¬0 score final and both teams get zero pts.
Scores are sent in firstname.lastname@example.org with Game#, Division, score both teams (Changed in 2015)
• Both teams are responsible for keeping completed score sheets on hand until the end of the season
• Year end and Mid Season to be a tournament style
• New Rule for 2016 - Hit by Pitch rule -if you hit three batters who have been given first base by the umpire you are to be removed from pitching that inning.